No, I'm not gone. You'd be forgiven for thinking that it was so. Just a little thing to stop the gap, then. I was reading Yuho Iwasato's blog from her official site today and came across her entry after Maaya's Gift Budokan live so thought I'd translate it. It's a nice little thing to read if you're a Maaya fan. If you can't place the name, Yuho Iwasato was the writer of many early Maaya song lyrics.
No.25 2nd April 2010 - Maaya-chan's Budokan
Yuho Iwasato
The day before yesterday was Maaya Sakamoto’s first Budokan Concert, ‘Gift’. It was to celebrate the double whammy of her 30th birthday and 15 year anniversary as a singer. The name of the concert, ‘Gift’, was the title of one of the first songs I wrote for Maaya-chan, and I was frankly delighted that she sang it as the opening number.
It was during the recording of Miki Imai’s ‘Love of my Life’ that I first met Yoko Kanno. Something along the lines of “By the way, do you think you could have a go at writing some lyrics for a young girl?” came up, and that was 15 year old Maaya-chan. She was this cute, spotty high school student.
The final song of the concert was also something I wrote back then: ‘Poketto wo kara ni shite’. I think it was about the third song I had for Maaya. She still thinks so much of a song from that time...I wonder if I’ve gotten old. Yesterday my eyes just welled up without cause: oh, you’ve come so far!
Time has slipped by.
And now it’s already April. ‘I have to do my best and once again set my sights on a new horizon!’ thought the Plover, invigorated, as he surveyed a canyon of cherry blossoms.
Tuesday, 16 November 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment