I saw this being talked about on the Japanese fansites but Youtube has come to the rescue with an upload. Maaya was featured on a (very) early morning TV show on the 26th January called Meza-nyuu. It's one of those morning news/entertainment/weather/horoscope TV shows. There's a little interview with Maaya, they talk to a music critic, and then the host goes with Maaya on a walk. I imagine it's a pre-recorded walk because the clock says it's 4am when it was broadcast!
EDIT: Well, the video got taken down but the summary remains ^^;;;
Interesting things in the video:
1) If you type Sakamoto into Google, Maaya Sakamoto comes up as the first suggestion - above Ryouma Sakamoto (the Japanese historical figure)
2) When she meets up with the presenter, they ask whether she was doing some work that morning. Maaya replies that she was talking some things over with a manga artist for work(!?)
3) Regarding her number one: "It was like, I'm so happy that I got number one. For the first time in thirty years. Like, so this the happiness you feel when you get number one."
4) "When I was a child, I actually had a complex that there was really nothing special about me at all" But later in the interview she says she decided one day that being ordinary was the 'something special' about her.
5) They have a clip of her as Eponine in Les Miserables.
6) The writer at CDJournal says: she's expanded her fanbase outside of just anime fans and that's part of the reason why she's finally number one on Oricon. (He also says that when she sings there is something really fascinating about her ^^V)
7) That picture of Maaya was taken when she was eight years old *_* so cute!!
8) The clip of 'Alice in Wonderland': Maaya was nine at the time of recording. That's little Maaya's voice!!
10) Maaya finds it difficult to explain what exactly her work is, is it a seiyuu, singer, actress? She says that you should decide what Maaya Sakamoto is first.
Maaya getting number one on Oricon seems to have done quite a lot for her exposure! She's also been featured on the latest Victor Music Channel web show 'V-chan'. You can watch that on Youtube as well here.
Source: Ota-suke
Video source: Jpop Shijou Shugisha on Youtube (No longer available)
Friday, 28 January 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
maaya looked tired in that interview during the victor ent show.. :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gWp9F06OYY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFtGssc-tZM
Wow, thank you very much for those!!!
You're welcome. Whenever you have time just translate the old and funny interview :)
I'll do my best :D
I wish Maaya did more tv interviews ^^;; she's so watchable!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Ghom-m_QQ
Wow, I had no idea Maaya had been on TV so much around then. That's really cool. I'm glad all this rare stuff is coming up. Thank you!
If I have time I will try and translate them (my list is growing 0_0 )
Thank you :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSdfvaeDK1Y&feature=channel_video_title
Post a Comment