RSS

Wednesday, 31 December 2008

Chizu to Tegami to Koi no Uta - 14.12.2008 (intro)

A recent radio opening this time, Maaya's new album 'Kazeyomi' (Wind Reading) will be released in 15 days time on January 14th 2009 and Maaya talks a bit about where they shot the jacket on the beginning of this show. So here it is:

Chizu to Tegami to Koi no Uta - 14.12.2008 (intro)

Good evening, this is Maaya Sakamoto and for the next 15 minutes please get together with me for ‘Chizu to Tegami to Koi no Uta’!

Well, the date has already changed and it’s become the 14th of December and now it’s become exactly one month until the release of my new album ‘kazeyomi’! I say it’s next month but it’s actually next year! Exactly a month away on January 14th my new album ‘kazeyomi’ will be put on sale. One more month, eh? I really want to be able to let you listen to it, I’m really impatient to do so, like ‘come on, come on!’ but until the day it’s put on sale no one but I will be able to hear it and I must enjoy it by myself in luxury to the full.

By the way, the jacket photo of this album ‘kazeyomi’ is also up on my homepage and I’m sure there are people who have already looked at it. If you look at it then there may be people who go “oh, it’s that place!” and if you ask where the jacket photo was taken then it’s Moerenuma Park in Hokkaido! However, even though it’s called a ‘park’ it’s not actually a nature park it’s a really modern park designed by Isamu Noguchi-san. It’s certainly something that’s so vast that it couldn’t be anywhere but Hokkaido, it’s very extensive. It’s really wide and it’s also, what do you call it, a perfect example of systematic order and neatness to look at but it’s also something that uses nature in such a way that there’s lots of greenery…you know, you can get bicycles and rent-a-bicycles as well, it really feels good and if you had this kind of wonderful park in your own neighbourhood you’d want to go everyday – I think it’s that kind of place.

Also, it was free! Anyone can go in. if you go to Hokkaido and also the people in Hokkaido listening to the podcast, if you’ve never been then definitely please go on my recommendation and also go to where I shot the jacket photo and take a photo doing the same pose!! If you go then I think you’ll immediately be able to go “it’s here!” and recognise it. Just try looking up Moerenuma Park, ok?

Well! Now let’s go into this programs main contents!...

0 comments: