Originally the book was only available through her fanclub website or at her fanclub concerts, then the second edition came out and was available through HMV. This is going to be the first widely available edition. So you might even see it in bookshops if you visit Japan from August! I hope so.
Awesome. As I said in my previous post on this re-issue, my old copy is getting damaged by holding it open to translate for long periods, the spine is cracking. I think I'll leave it here and then pick up the new version in Japan to use in future.
On sale 10/08/2011
I've come a long way but,
Just like how I felt when I saw the horizon that time,
Everything is connected.
From a children's theatre troupe, through first love, music, acting on stage - this is the record of a solitary journey leading to 'from everywhere'. In this gem of a book each and every word sparkles with life.
This is the paperback edition of Maaya Sakamoto's first essay book published in 2005. There is also an afterword about what happened 'afterwards' in this paperback edition.
EDIT: Sai-zen-sen's editor's blog also posted up a little entry with a picture of the proofs on someone's desk here.
You can also see inside of the first volume of 'Full Moon Recital Hall' on this entry. I think 'lush' is the word I'd use to describe it. Really, really nicely done.

5 comments:
{^_^}
I have a question about this book "I.D." as well as the new book "everywhere". They contain only text? Or contains photos as well? I ask this, cause I cannot read Japanese (I always read the translations of this blog and Deltafour), and would be more interested if it was with some photos.
I.D has a mixture of photos and text with some cute drawings illustrating some of the pages. 'from everywhere' also has a couple of pages of photos at the beginning and end of the book.
I.D. has more photos than 'from everywhere'.
However, as essay books they are very text heavy.
I'd say if you would prefer pictures then wait for the new photbook in the autumn of the 'You Can't Catch Me' tour. It seems that book will be along the lines of a proper photobook with more photos than text.
Thanks! But I think I will buy all of them!
Oh my goodness, that's very dedicated of you! (I'm the same, I don't play piano but I bought the sheet music books!!)
Post a Comment