RSS

Monday, 15 August 2011

Maaya appears at Tamayrura Matsuri event: "I surprised everyone"

Maaya made a surprise guest appearance at the Tamayura Matsuri event yesterday.

Apparently the crowd greeted her with a chourus of CONGRATULATIONS! And Nikkan Sports has an article saying that while smiling and looking embarrassed, she greeting the crowd saying, "Is it ok if I say this? I'm Maaya Sakamoto, the one who surprised everyone. Thank you very much."

It seems she also performed 'Okaerinasai' at the show. Awesome!

5 comments:

The Metalhero said...

Yes, she surprised all the fans... I'm shocked, but very happy for her!

ct760ster said...

Curious, does her family name gonna change after this?

grapefruit said...

Maybe privately (actually this is a MASSIVE debate in Japan at the moment, whether a woman should be able to keep her name or not as it really affects things once you start bringing kids into the mix) but I think she'll probably keep Sakamoto as her performance name.

KP-X said...

When I read what she said to the public, the first thing that came to my mind was: Maaya, you troll! huahuahua

Anyway, I'm very happy for them. And I also look forward for listening to Okaerinasai.

grapefruit said...

Ha, ha, I know right! But at least it keeps the fans from speculating forever. I thought maybe she'd be the kind to keep things private completely so it's nice she came out and told everyone ^^