I’m not sure I would really call it news as I had noticed it up on CDJapan and other online retailer sites, but Maaya’s official homepage updated with the news that the piano sheet music collection for ‘Driving in the Silence’ is now available. It also contains the sheet music for both ‘Buddy’ and ‘Okaerinasai’ singles, which is a nice bonus.
Learning to play piano is still on my to-do list. Click here for the CDJapan order page.
Regarding the Osaka fan club live, the song pulled out of the box was ‘Purachina’ which sent up a big round of applause! My friend and I had sung it earlier in the day at karaoke not really expecting to be able to hear the real thing later!
Again, the acoustic arrangements of all the songs from ‘Driving in the Silence’ were lovely. I’d like to express once again how much I admire the percussionist; the range of sounds she produced from her array of instruments was amazing. I wonder how one gets into that field? Regular drums then on to more esoteric instruments?
Secondly, it might have been picked up elsewhere but from September Maaya will be starring in the Japanese production of the musical ‘Daddy Long Legs’ and from what she said on Saturday it seems like rehearsals are starting soon. One to look forward to! It is from John Caird, of Les Miserables fame.
She will be playing Jerusha Abbot (click here for an English summary.)
For more information on both of these click here to go Maaya’s official homepage.
Wednesday, 15 February 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment