Translation by Duncan and touched up by Philosoranter (jpopmusic.com)
My 26th birthday
I became twenty-six years old on March 31st. Recently at work the number of people younger than me has increased, and it's also the tenth anniversary of my CD debut, somehow many scenes where my age has become material. The other day when I had been silent with a troubled face, active high school student actress I was working with said “There was such a time for me also...”
However at 26 years old I am not really an adult, but not young either. A halfway state I think. Using my youth as a shield to laugh things off is no longer acceptable, [something about turning a corner...], as disposable money increases the time to enjoy it decreases, and yet in the world up till now grown-up adult, I rather don’t accept various dilemma days.
But after all, it is a splendid thing to get older! I think that from my heart. Every year when birthday arrives, workmates, friends and family, all celebrate it and a happy feeling comes. Of course, I receive birthday cards from you fans too. Reading one by one these heartfelt messages, so many people celebrating my birthday like this, I am truly grateful.
I want to think that every time a birthday comes, I prefer the present to my one year ago self. At the moment, every year it seems I can think so. But, between my last birthday and this birthday, the good things, bad things, indifferent things that happened, all are raw material for my current self [...something? ]
This year too, recently met people and old friends, in each place people celebrate my birthday, it is something happy I thought fondly. Thank you everyone. Please look kindly on 26 year old Maaya Sakamoto
xmaayax
Sunday, 13 January 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Prolly, it was YK and IY leaving her, or was it her own decision that I dont know. My hints were telling me it was her own decision to be like that. YK mention something about the four, herself, her writer, the singer and the listener. Now just left her and the listener (that means us fans). She wants to know the meaning of living, that includes floating and sinking. Soon her "listener" fades. Guess time will tell. Especially if she marry someone. A real turnoff for the guys. Ah well, life XD
I do think it's best to build up public trust, like how aunt Imai did. Lasts forever, desho. Until death limits XD
I dont want to badmouth someone, but it all started from that farewell song. It was clear, a stress relations build-up with the self-centered composer and the innocent yet trying singer.
About the writer, that I keeping it personal. She ended her work totally, and honestly up until the end.
Just look forward, dont look back.
Post a Comment