RSS

Tuesday, 29 January 2008

Maaya Sakamoto X Osumi Masaki (Part II)

Sorry it took so long, here's the next part of the interview!! I've been busier than I thought I would be, but here's a little bit to keep you occupied. Enjoy!! As before, it's taken from here.

Interview title: A meeting with Hikousen

(continued from post below)

Sakamoto: *looking at a voice actor pamphlet* I was doing dubbing work since I was in elementary school, so it came about that with Hikousen I was able to work a lot with the ‘Echo Theatre’ production group.

Oosumi: is that so?

Sakamoto: While thinking ‘That’s the person whose voice I heard in that play’, I was actually saying ‘Oh I always watch Hikousen’

That experience was kind of unique…

Sakamoto: Hmmm, but I really didn’t get the sense that I was doing anything special. You could say that drama had always been in the middle of my life.

Oosumi: It was orginary because it was in the neighbourhood, right?

Sakamoto: It was like having lessons in a sense.

Oosumi: So there wasn’t any culture shock of entering a whole different world.

Sakamoto: No there wasn’t. The theatre group I was in was called ‘Komodori Production group’.

Oosumi: Oh, I know ‘Komodori’.

Sakamoto: It was a pretty ordinary audition, and everyone always had a beautiful way of greeting ‘good morning!!’. The kids at ‘Komodori’ were, in the nicest sense of the word, really ordinary. When we took profile pictures and stuff, the teacher was like “Ok! There are three photos left on this disposable camera so we’re gonna shoot you three kids!!” and even if it had red eyes on the photo it would be presented like that *laugh* We were all siblings in hand-me-downs, snot coming out…like that! *laugh*

Oosumi: That sounds great! *laugh*

0 comments: