RSS

Thursday, 17 March 2011

Lawson Ticket.com YCCM Tour 03/2011 - Bits and Bobs

The previous interview I posted up from Lawson Ticket.com for the YCCM tour had a little section for interesting bits and pieces from the interview that didn't get included in the main section. It contained a couple of things you guys might like to read. It's just a short one.


One-liners – Interesting bits and bobs from the interview
Original Japanese text here.


“The chorus being over forty different channels was like having to hit 1,000 balls.”

The new album ‘You Can’t Catch Me’ brilliantly landed at no.1 on Oricon’s Weekly Chart.

In fact, the methods when recording twelve tracks with twelve combinations of creators and artists were quite varied: “The way Kano Kaori arranged the chorus was really interesting, I had to record on forty different channels for the outro chorus. Argh, it was like having to bat 1,000 balls in a row! (laugh) Then there was Suzuki Shoko’s track where Shoko, the members of the band and I recorded us playing the castanets using a really analogue method."

There was also the unique Manshin Brothers’ Sakurai Hidetoshi:

“He said to me: “My life depends on getting these wind chimes right!” and I thought that it must be just for this song, but apparently he’s pretty much always like that. He had this towel that was meant to mute the chimes at the end of the note, and he could stop it right on the mark. His seriousness was really quite sweet (laugh)”

There was one more special moment within all the treasured encounters this album brought…

“For Mr. Sakurai’s song, the guitar was played by [Soichiro Yamauchi] the guitarist from Fuji Fabric! I’m a massive fan and when it was time to go home I finally told him so. And that was when I found out that [vocalist Masahiko] Shimura, who sadly passed away, used to listen to my CD’s. It was really heart-breaking to hear that but I’m so grateful that there was that connection between us.”

Fin

0 comments: