Noticed that COMA had linked to this small article about the movie 'Kimi to Boku' which featured a comment from the main actor and Maaya about the film. Looking at the site it seems the article originally came from the Mainichi Shimbun's digital edition but this was taken from My Comi Journal here.
Kimi = You
Boku = Me
The story is told from the cat's perspective and the characters are thus named 'Me' and 'You' respectively. Anyway, very short comment! Here are the lyrics to 'Tegami' translated.
Maaya on 'Kimi to Boku'
Original Japanese: My Comi Journal
...In the film, popular voice actress Maaya Sakamoto fills the role of ‘Me’, and sings the theme song ‘Tegami’ which was written for the film. Regarding her role as the cat, she said: “I wanted to be able to transmit that trust and love towards the ‘Boy’ through my voice.” And she shed light on the feelings wrapped up in the theme song: “I wrote the lyrics while thinking what if I was going to heaven ahead of someone important to me like ‘Me’ does, what would I want to tell them in my last moments?”
Saturday, 5 March 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment