RSS

Thursday, 19 May 2011

'Kimi to Boku' PR: Maaya dreams of her hamster...

Just to round off the Kimi to Boku theme this blog has had over the past few entries, the Mainichi Shimbun newspaper website had an interview with Maaya last week on her role as the voice of Ginougo. A lot of it was pretty much in the same vein as all the other pieces I've picked out but this was so sweet I had to post it:


When we ask her about her own memories of keeping a pet she reveals that she had a hamster when she was in primary school, and even now it appears in her dreams at times, such as when she’s tired. “[A pet’s] life is limited but if I think about how they will always be there in your memories, what they leave behind is a sense that they will always be with you because the time that you spent together was so special,” said Sakamoto, revealing that her precious pet lives on in her heart.


Aww...

One of my cat's died a couple of years ago, his sister is still going strong at 18 (that must be something like 100 in cat years!) so that's 18 years of my own 24. Definitely an important part of my life.

Source: Mainichi Shimbun online interview

3 comments:

ct760ster said...

It's interesting and touchy that's little bit of the interview. By the way like two post ago you mentioned that the press crowd laughed at her when she mentioned that she have had an hamster like a pet during her chilhood, I think that was because everybody was thinking she's still speaking into her character Gingokou. Imagine a cat having for pet an hamster, Ha Ha Ha.

ct760ster said...

Always parting ways is the hardest event in one life. What's one treasure the most are the memories of the former partners and friends. Of course fond memories. I remember having a pair of Quail like pets in my chilhood when I was 10 yrs. old and sometimes some pigeons, because my mom use to buy live poultry in the weekend open air market, and sometimes me and specially my sister get attached to the birds, so my mom get to spare their place at the dinning table.

grapefruit said...

Wow, Quails are an interesting pet 0_0 I think you get the eprize for the most unusual pet :)

I'm glad your mum didn't cook them ^^;;;