RSS

Friday, 27 May 2011

News round-up: TEKKEN, Kimi to Boku and Tomita LAB photos

Just a couple of things that have been announced this morning.

First up, Maaya has been cast as Ling Xiaoyu in the new CG (and 3D) movie TEKKEN Blood Vengence, which is due to premier in the US in summer 2011 before opening in Japan in September. There's a nice promo photo on Narinari.com.

The character is a schoolgirl. Also, it says in the article that Maaya won the 2010 Famitsuu Female Chatacter Voice Award which I didn't know before. Or maybe I forgot. Anyway, that's cool. More details on the cast at Cinema Topics Online or Famitsuu Online.

Not specifically Maaya-centric news but the original author of Kimi to Boku has quite a long interview about the process of transferring his comic to the big screen on Close Up Net Tube here.

And finally, Natalie.mu has a report and some really pretty pictures of Maaya up on their website here for you to enjoy.
(C)

4 comments:

The Metalhero said...

It will be cool Maaya like Ling Xiaoyu, back to school characters. I like Tekken, and can't wait to this.

grapefruit said...

Ah cool, is that the official character spelling? Katakana is difficult because I wasn't sure if it was Rin or Lin! So it's Ling Xiaoyu?

The Metalhero said...

In game, appears as Ling Xiaoyu.

grapefruit said...

Awesome, thank you.