RSS

Sunday, 7 June 2009

Kazeyomi Tour 2009 MC 2

Well, I managed to get this MC up a lot faster than I expected. It was also longer than I expected and I don't even think it's the longest MC on the DVD! Oh well. It's a cute one, though. Maaya's a sweetie. Enjoy!

Kazeyomi Tour 2009 MC 2

OK? This is cute, right? (audience cheer) Sorry (bow). The truth is, it’s been a really long time since I’ve done a concert. Well, excluding the fan club limited lives I haven’t done an official concert like this since Shounen Alice came out around 6 years ago. Yeah, I made you wait.

When I think about my first concert I had on a long skirt and hid away my teenage legs then there was my second concert, the third and then the fourth! (gestures up her legs to show the skirt getting shorter with each one) Yeah, so this is my first concert in a long time. I think everyone got a flag at the entrance? Everyone’s waving them while thinking ‘what is this?’. This, the mark that’s on all these sheets, is the mark of the Kazeyomi tour – it’s a weather vane.

Thinking about it again now, when I finished making this album ‘Kazeyomi’, I wanted to stir everything from the album and express it all in this concert. Um…making this album ‘Kazeyomi’ took around several months. All day, every day in the studio singing, recording the music, writing lyrics and it seemed like the months just passed by in an instant. However, the time that I needed myself to make this album was not just several months but was actually over the course of a much, much longer journey I was on to that point I finally arrived at.

Just that one point. Maybe I was heading there from when I debuted, or maybe even from when I was born. I was being called to that point and that everything up until then had been part of the flow of the story called ‘Maaya Sakamoto’ that only I could read and connected into one – that this experience made this album.

However, surely the people who have always listened to my music, and those people who might have felt something when listening to this album where all reading their own stories where they were the main character. And everyone will interpret today in their own way, being from different places, living different lives and all on their own various paths. These people might have felt something from this album, that we are all piling up feelings inside ourselves, through what we are doing everyday – that we are comrades. And today we are all here as people from the nation of Kazeyomi. I thought it would be nice if we could all be one big community.

And this is the flag of the Kazeyomi people. So don’t just throw it away, ok? (Laugh) Make sure to take it home! It’s my intention to call all of you Kazeyomi citizens…but I’m not the Queen or anything!!

So, you listened to some songs from ‘Kazeyomi’. I think there are a lot of different fans here today because it’s been a long time since I’ve had a concert. People who have known me since my debut, people who’ve only discovered my recently and even people who’ve only known me since coming here today! So I’m going to ask, since there are a lot of people here – is there anyone for who this is their first time to see me in person? Ah, there’s a lot, there’s a lot!

I’m Maaya Sakamoto – can you see me OK? When I move it looks like this. (turns around) The view from the back is like this! That might be forcing abuse on you though. (laugh) Don’t be disappointed with that, OK?

So, there are a lot of different people here today, some whose first time ever is today and some who have known me for a long time but it’s their first time to see me in concert – there are lots of different people here. So I wanted to include older songs for you guys too. OK, please listen to the songs from now!

0 comments: